Sunday, February 18, 2007

What do you do with a scurvy blog?

Make it walk the plank?

Drink more oj?

Post more?

Probably the latter. So, I suppose I should do that.

What have I been doing lately?

Letterboxing. The family has made a couple of trips over the past month for boxing excursions. One to Atlanta, where we met up with Eidolon and Artemis and the infamous HH puppies, Community and Cemetery. Did a spot of boxing, a bit of planting and a LOT of walking.

Most recently, we went to Columbia, SC. We spent the day boxing, a little bit of planting, eating a spot of bar b que and walking. :-) We planned to go to the Zoo as well, but Mixed Up Chameleon had a bit of a mishap on the trail (MUC fell into the muck), so we decided to make that part of the journey another day.

When we go on these trips, I'm always amazed at the sites we find. These places are so near and having lived in this part of the country/state all my life, you would think I would have known about them. But, I'm constantly awed and thrilled at the new places we see. Some of the more recent ones:

Arabia Mountain Park

Harbison State Forest

Clemson Sandhills Research and Education Center

Here's a shot from the last. I didn't take this, but it definitely expresses the beauty there.



Also today, took MUC and went to check on some of my local boxes, one of which is near the James Brown statue downtown. Given the traffic lately, I thought it a good idea to double check. While we were there, two couples came by to take pictures and such. I did have the foresight to bring my camera, so I made MUC get up there with James as well. He thought that was really cool. Unfortunately, you can't tell that by his expression in the picture.





No comments: