Sunday, July 29, 2007

First Impression, Part 2


Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends

We're so glad you could attend

Come inside! come inside!


- Emerson, Lake and Palmer; Karn Evil 9



The Shawl was a big hit. Dion was most pleased, and immediately began wearing it. Like many elderly, Dion is often cold and she was most happy to have something, even inside on a hot and muggy day in July.




Lot of 'ooohs' and 'ahs' were to be heard. I now have several offers for my next projects, should I need victims volunteers. Which leads me to the next thing on the plate.

There are many, many times I make things not for my own use, but just to see if I can do it. Every so often, Nec asks me if I'm going to sell it, and I usually flinch when he does. Letting go of art, even a small little booklet or a carved stamp for letterboxing, is very difficult for me. It's very much like letting go of a child or a limb. It's difficult to let the things I create go out of the door. As a result, I've collected quite a collection of handmade things for which I have no audience. I decided to bite the bullet and join Etsy.com and list my things. Etsy's a little like eBay, but also different. It's a commerce listing site, like eBay, but unlike eBay, it's more about handmade items, arts, crafts and the like. Non artists are encouraged (highly!) to visit and buy, but the listings are of a particular vein.

My particular "shop" is called SixDegreesArts, and you can find the my shop here. I also have a banner over on the right that you can click on as well. Right now, there's only a few things, but I'll continue to list over time. It will be ever-changing and quite the eclectic group of items in one place.

No comments: