Monday, September 24, 2007

In the arms of an Angel

I am trying to get back to regular posting. I have a ton of fiber stuff coming up. In the meantime, while getting rid of the multitude of junk I accumulate on my desktop, I ran across these photos I took at Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah while I was there. If you've read before, you know my camera woes, so they're not the great. I was also in a hurry, and the battery was threatening to die at any moment. I have plans to go back when I can really spend the time and take better, more careful pictures.




In the arms of an angel

Fly away from here

From this dark cold hotel room

And the endlessness that you fear

You are pulled from the wreckage

Of your silent reverie

You’re in the arms of the angel

May you find some comfort there

You’re in the arms of the angel

May you find some comfort here




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why does the final statue have on lipstick?

Jenni P McD said...

I have no idea when or where the lipstick was applied. It was there when I got there. Given the goings-on at Bonaventure, I'm not surprised though.