Friday, October 05, 2007

It's Too Late, Baby

After a mad dash to the first of October, a moderately insane moment where I trusted Necropolis with my pinking shears, and copious amounts of muttering and cursing, my latest Italian Ren garb is featured in the Italian Showcase on Bella's site. You can check it out here. All in all, I'm please with how the gown itself turned out. How it looks on me? Not so much. Frankly, the thing hangs like a sack of potatos, since I've lost weight (take THAT, Dr. Rheumo!), and I didn't have time to do a complete remake. Even if I had the time, I don't think I would have done a complete remake. But, it's done and over, and now I have another gown from the 1490s to complete by November 1st. I love stress.



GLB decided he wanted to be Harry Potter for Halloween, so I'm in the process of knitting a Gryffindor house scarf for him. And, it's in the yuckiest, scratchiest Red Heart acrylic yarn ever made. I must really love my children.



I haven't mentioned this before, but I've been playing around on Ravelry, a new knitting/crocheting community. Let me tell you, if you do yarn work, GET ON THE LIST. This place is amazing for the pattern search alone. You can see what other people have done with a particular pattern, what issues they might have had, what yarn they used...it's totally amazing.

I've also added a ton of photos to my Flickr account, so you can see what passes for my attempts at photography with my POS camera. Necropolis keeps hinting that Santa may be nice to me this year. One can only hope!

More knitting on the way, but I don't have a lot of photos of the works in progress. And, the photo issue I mentioned before seems to have resolved itself. Good thing. My resolutions would have probably resulted in a subdural hematoma (how's that, Lucy?).

No comments: