Thursday, March 13, 2008

Resuming the Resume'

Today, I did something I haven't done in over 12 years.


I actively updated my resume, printed it out, wrote a cover letter, all with the idea of actually sending it to someone for the opportunity of another employment position.


There's nothing really *wrong* with the position I have. It's perfectly adequate. It's neither difficult or overly demanding. The pay is sufficient, and I am not asked to do any life threatening work (occasional days with 1st grade classes aside).


But, I need a new challenge. I need something different to look at every morning. So, I'm sending out one resume'. There's one place that has a potential job that I might be willing to consider leaving the known for the unknown. I'm such a terrible creature of habit. I don't want to go out of my comfort zone if I don't have to. But, if this works out, it will be worth it. A lot of things will change. There will be some drastic changes in the McD home as well. But I think we'll all be a bit happier.


I know I will.


So, on that note, I'll leave you will a poorly taken photo with the NEW camera. And, yes, Cory, I KNOW it's a forsythia, not an azalea.

1 comment:

Eidolon said...

"And, yes, Cory, I KNOW it's a forsythia, not an azalea."

--Well it is good to know that I taught you SOMETHING at least!!!