Friday, December 26, 2008

Take It On The Run


You take it on the run baby

If that's the way you want it baby

Then I don't want you around

I don't believe it

Not for a minute

You're under the gun so you take it on the run

--- REO Speedwagon

On the way to and from the In Laws, we always pass this little place that has the most amazing horses. This year on the way home, I asked Necropolis to make a stop and let me take some photos.

After a moment of taking photos from the truck and through the fence, I decided to get a little closer and see what I could capture. Necropolis wasn't happy. I'm not sure what he would thought the little horses would do, exactly. There were only about a half a dozen, and they were all small Mustang or Mustang type breeds. In short, gorgeous.

I'm chatting away, cooing to the horses, who are paying no mind and chomping away, while Necropolis is yelling at me from truck. After a moment, I notice I have captured the attention of one of the geldings.

He was a sweetheart and saunders up to the fence. He blows a bit, but then snuffles and sniffs and is ready to be petted. This really set Necropolis off, so I took a couple more photos and tramped back to the truck.


Sometimes I really miss owing a horse.


The stall mucking, not so much.








No comments: