Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I told you so!

The first project completed isn't any I talked about in my last post. It's a completely different project I saw and just had to complete.

The Calorimetry

The picture shows there are some issues with it, as I figured it out while I knitted, and I didn't feel like backtracking. The original instructions are on Knitty, but I had read around on various blogs and message boards there were some sizing issues with the gauge as written. I decided to knit pretty much as written, but on size US 6 needles instead of US 8 as the pattern calls for. I think it worked pretty well, and now I know much better perfectly. The yarn is Diakeito Diamusee 100% wool in their 40 (gray/mauve) color. I think my favorite part is the little band of butter cream in the center. When worn, the 'issues' aren't visible, and the headband fits very well. despite trying to roll along the bindoff edge.

All in all, I'd say it's pretty much a success, and I plan to adapt and modify a bit.

And, because I was already taking pictures, here's a shot of a felted bag I recently finished. I had intended to give this to my sister for Christmas, but I got sidetracked and didn't finish in time. It's made of LionBrand Wool Prints in Majestic Mountain colorway. I knitted it on size 8 needles, and I don't remember the original, unfelted size. Felted dimensions are -12" x 8" and the strap is 44" inches from end to end.

Now, back to the socks.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Ohhh...the headband is so cute in Diamusee. I need to make that!