Sunday, February 25, 2007

Knitting ADD

I've decided I have knitting ADD. There you have it. Otherwise, there would be a rational explanation as to why I have tons of yarn, a dozen projects half started or in various stages of completion, and now I'm researching my newest knitting obsession.

Entrelac.

It's so cool. Basically, you knit little squares, then switch colors and directions. Like this:

The first is someone's entrelac scarf I found on Flickr. The second pic is entrelac socks in the Spring 2007 edition of Interweave Knits. And, I'm totally enthralled. Not just your normal, "Oh, what a cool pattern" enthralled, but obsessed and consumed. Oh, yes, I will make it mine.

But, I also have the half dozen projects lying about. I've finally found a sock pattern that makes sense. Toe UP! Who'd of thunk it? I have had to start, frog it and re-ball about 3 times before I figured out the right gauge and such, but I've got it now. I've also decided to work the socks in tandem. When I get to a major changing point or increase or decrease, I stop, work the second sock to the same point, and move forward. It less than a day, I actually have two toes. I'm pretty pumped about that. Here's the mostly done toe, and the just started toe, in Lorna's Laces Bucks Bar colorway. Maybe it's supposed to stripe, but I kind of like the color blocking.

And, just because it's so scary, here's a picture of what I'm working on for the hubby. He says I never knit anything for him. Well, that's true, basically. He wouldn't WEAR it, so why waste the yarn? But, in a fit of total insanity, I purchased some of the most God-awful hunter/blaze orange acrylic yarn, and I"m working on a simple skull cap. You must share in the horror:



Oh...and my to-be-knitted entrelac project? Yes, I (almost) have a colorway picked out:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Бесплатные знакомства украина
секс знакомства на КМВ
знакомства секс нижнекамск
bdsm знакомства comment
питерские знакомства в кафе

http://trugdasertdedrt.com