Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tourin' Tybee's Turtles


At a recent girls' weekend at the beach, I took the time to shoot some pictures of the Tybee Turtles.
Like most of Tybee, these turtles are quirky and fun. And, as is usual when my friends and I get together, there were moments of peril and danger getting these photos. Here are bits and pieces of the over 150 pictures I took of about half the turtles. (Don't ask).

Ms. T, the official mascot of the tour. I absolutely love the colors on the shell and this photo doesn't do them justice. The chains around her neck are a real cool touch as well.


He Ain't Heavy



Mermaid Bareback Rider

And, some of my personal favorites....

Captain Jack, complete with compass and medallion. The back of his shell is also painted with the Black Pearl.



Terra Turtle, which has the phases of the moon, and a day and night side. Loved this one. She also has a solar powered light system that spotlights her at night. Very cool.


Obviously, I have many more, as this doesn't come close to 150 photos. There's more to come, and I'm waiting until I get the rest of them (about 10) before I put it all together. My absolute favorite? The Gullah inspired Ma Cootah, which is the first photo above. I'm saving the better photos of her for another day. The second photo is a close up of the turtle actually on the property where we stayed.
And, these are just the turtles. I haven't even begun to talk about all the other photos I took that weekend.

No comments: