Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Namaste

Namaste ( pronounced nah-mah-STAY) is the word used at the end of each yoga lesson. It’s a benediction of sorts, and roughly translates to “the divine in me recognizes the divine in you”. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m not so much into what Necropolis calls the “woo-woo” of yoga, but I like saying that word at the end of each class with my fellow students. It has sort of a binding moment that is difficult to explain. When I made my newest pattern, a yoga mat bag, it seemed right, somehow, to name it Namaste. So I did. Mine is a bit unusual, in that I purposefully made the stretch of the lattice work for me, so the bag is actually smaller than the mat. It stretches to its correct size quite easily. That also means that it takes less yarn to make that the other mat bag patterns I’ve seen. I made mine in Noro Kureon, with which I have sort of a love/hate thing going. I do love the colors. I’m not so crazy about the sticks, stems and leaves I have to clean out of the stuff. You can find the pattern for Namaste Yoga Mat Bag on my Six Degrees site and listed on Ravelry, as well as my Easy Peasy yoga socks.

Now….back to all that knitting I put off, not to mention the long list of Christmas knitting (ARGH!)


No comments: