Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Eat Me!


Eat us, hey, it's Thanksgiving day
Eat us, we make a nice buffet
We lost the race with Farmer Ed
Eat us 'cause we're good and dead
White man or red man
From East, North, or South
Chop off our legs And put 'em in your mouth


Eat me!
Sauteed or barbecued
Eat me!
We once were pets, but now we're food
We won't stay fresh for very long
So eat us before we finish this song
Eat us before we finish this song


- lyrics from Addams Family Values


Just a brief sharing of my weird and demented sense of humor. It’s one of my favorite parts of the movie, second only to Joan Cusack’s evil villain monologue at the end of the movie (My parents, Sharon and Dave. Generous, doting, or were they? All I ever wanted was a Ballerina Barbie. In her pretty pink tutu. My Birthday: I was 10, and do you know what they got me? MALIBU. Barbie.)

Anyway Turkey Day is fast approaching, and I’m still knitting like a freakin’ fiend. I’m actually making decent progress, but I’m waiting on the blocking wires I purchased to arrive before I take pictures. So, I’ll leave you with the Things latest offering. The art teacher at one of my schools was doing this with one of the grade levels, and I thought it was just too cute. She was gracious enough to send home some clay with me and let me bring them back to be fired in the kiln. I think the boys did a great job. And, yeah, since I'm basically an art geek, I made one, too.

No comments: