Thursday, December 20, 2007

Scarf It Up

In a fit of total insanity, I decided some time in November it would be a good idea to give fiber gifts. I have a lot to show, but until the gifts are actually distributed, I have to piece and parcel out the FO. So, here are the six scarves I created for The Things' teachers and principals.

I made two Kata Felicity Scarves from Mindful Knits. The burgundy one was made of 1.5 skeins of Blue Sky Alpaca Sport on size 8 needles. The blue one is made of a half a skein of Knit Picks Merino/Silk fingering weight and was hand dyed. I used size 8 needles on that too. I was afraid the Merino Silk would roll if I made the scarf by the pattern, so I did this one in garter stitch.






The dropped stitch scarf is made of 1 skein of hand dyed Patons Merino Wool with size 9 needles. The thing really grew during the washing and blocking. It wound up being 8" x 70".



The Fern Bank scarf was basically lifted straight off the pages on Barbara Walker's Treasury, vl. 1. It's also made of 1.5 skeins of Blue Sky Alpaca Sport on size 8 needles. Yes, I have a love affair with that yarn.

Branching Out from Knitty. Also of BSA sport, in charcoal. Took about 2 skeins for this one, on size 8 needles. I decided to make two sides and graft at the center so the vines would travel up on both sides. I liked the symmetry.

And, basic block weave pattern in 2.5 skeins of ONline Linie 157 Tessa. It's a superwash, and not the softest yarn I've ever worked with, but it blocked up rather nicely.



And, there's still more to be shown, after the gifting is over.

Note to self: start the fiber gifts earlier next time....like December 26.

No comments: