Saturday, September 06, 2008

It's 90 Degrees and I'm Knitting With Wool!

Yes, I'm still a knitting fiend.

I've been knitting around the house and everywhere else I go. Not to mention, as I unpack boxes and run across various works-in-progress, I've been doing my best to wrap them up. Of course, that doesn't stop me from starting something new.

Out with the old:

I finished the stole for DT. I'm pleased with it, and she loved it. It's in her classroom right now. She wears it around the school when the A/C is cranking at meat locker levels.

I ran across the Blue Jean Lace Leaf Shawl I was planning to give to the Mother-In-Law for last Christmas. Obviously, I didn't finish, and I didn't give it to her. However, I may do that this year, since it's now complete. It's made of Handmaiden's Sea Silk yarn, so it's really, really yummy.


I did finish the Alpaca Sox that I was working on. Now I can't find them. When I do, I'll take the requisite photo.

The new:

I've been watching an obscene amount of Firefly and Serenity lately. I think it appeals to the absurd in me. At any rate, I was inspired by one of the characters, River Tam, to design a pair of socks. I'm still in the knitting/figuring it out stage, but so far, so good. The red thread is to denote where I plan to put an afterthought heel. I didn't want to have to worry with carrying a pattern and working a short row heel at the same time.



Here's the beginnings of "Hey, Teach!" from Knitty.com. I've just started, but I had some CashSoft in the stash, so my sweater isn't going to be the right weight. But, the yarn is so soft, and so light, I think it will be a good sweater for the area.

So, that's the current in progress. Of course, there's the "projects that may spontaneously begin at any moment", and I have been fondling yarn all weekend. Not to mention, there are a couple of special upcoming projects in the works.

It's amazing I ever get anything completed.

No comments: