Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Good Knitting Gone Bad

Remember this?


It was a lovely little sweater. It was lovingly hand dyed, and Thing 2 was so involved in the process. He chose the colors and helped with the dyeing. He decided the order of the stripes and chose his own buttons. He was incredibly patient when I would yell in the middle of cartoons, "Hey MUC, come try this on for me!"

A couple of weekends ago, Necropolis decided to do so laundry. Yeah....I think you know what's coming:



You'll have to excuse the Joker looking expression on MUC. I made him stand in the last of the afternoon direct sunlight. At any rate, with regard to the sweater, I think it might fit my 2 year old niece about now. We're still deciding what to do. We may have another Tomten in the making (it was really a quick knit), or MUC may choose a different pattern. Oh well, easy come, easy go.

On other fronts, the holiday knitting frenzy has commenced. Here are some of the various pieces. I'm not going to tell too much, should one of the recipients happen to read this post. After the holidays, I'll be sure to be more detailed about the projects.








And, no, I still don't know what's up with the photos, but I think I have a solution figured out. I'm just too tired and lazy to change the ginormus pics at the moment.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh no-o-o-o-o-o-o! Were there tears? Did you read him the Riot Act?

It still is an adorable little jacket. "Boiled" wool jackets are a very chic staple of Austrian fashion, so perhaps all is not lost.

I'm having the same problems with blogger's photos. My quick and hacky fix is to go into the html code and replace whatever size width you have with 400, and then delete the height.

Morandia said...

what pattern is the green/tan/white? I LOVE the way it looks!

Jenni P McD said...

The green/tan/white is a lizard ridge pattern. It's FREE!

Morandia said...

Thanks... I didn't recognize it... think it's because it looks so good in the green/tan/white. I'm use to seeing it in CRAZY colors.